Auto-generated Captions in Microsoft Teams
Note: Auto-captioning is a new feature in MS Teams and has not yet been implemented for all staff and students. Staff requiring this service should contact Andrew Normand (email@example.com).
Microsoft Teams meetings have the ability to display automatically generated captions.
- To try the captions, open Microsoft Teams and then click on Calendar.
- Click on 'Meet Now' and then 'Join Now'
- Your web cam should be displayed.
- In the toolbar, click on 'More actions' and then 'Turn on live captions (preview)'
- Captions will now appear on the bottom left of screen.
Automatically generated captions are only 85% - 90% accurate. They do not meet the needs of deaf and hard of hearing users. These users require captions that are 99% - 100% accurate which are generated by a captioning service or via live remote captioning.
For assistance or to report accessibility problems please contact:
Web Accessibility Lead
Phone: +61 3 9035 4867