Applications for the 2023 Victorian program will open in early 2023.
To be notified when applications open, please complete our Expressions of interest form here.
Further information about Pathways to Politics programs at QUT, UNSW and Charles Darwin University is available here.
The University of Melbourne Pathways to Politics Program for Women application is comprised of four sections:
- Eligibility questions: These short questions help our Selection Committee to determine your eligibility for the program.
- Scenario-based questions: These questions will help us understand more about your personal and professional leadership experience, political aspirations and commitment to run, and your engagement with Australian politics and policy.
- CV: We ask you to submit a CV that is no longer than three pages and includes three referees.
- 90-second Video: This provides an opportunity for you to pitch what you will bring to the program and what impact you can make in the political realm.
Please note there are specific eligibility requirements for this program. We request that applicants confirm their eligibility at the beginning of the application in response to the following criteria:
- I am an Australian citizen/Australian permanent resident/holder of a permanent Humanitarian Visa.
- I am female-identifying or non-binary in gender identification.
- I am a Victorian resident.
We are committed to minimising barriers to enter politics. As such, applicants identified by the selection committee as coming from an equity cohort will be prioritised. To be eligible to apply for a position in this equity category applicants must satisfy the application selection criteria, and also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Identify as LGBTQIA+
- Previous status as a refugee or current holder of a humanitarian visa
- Culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Disadvantaged socio-economic circumstances
- Disability or chronic medical condition
- Difficult personal circumstances, or
- Coming from a rural or isolated area.