Studying global, continental, and local disaster related problems affecting society by utilising geospatial and location intelligence research capabilities.
Our mission is to study global, continental, and local disaster related problems affecting society by utilising geospatial and location intelligence research capabilities. We aim to provide new scientific knowledge to address real-world problems, innovative solutions to technological issues, and tools to support various disaster management stakeholders.
- To study disaster related problems (caused, for example, by bushfires, landslides, floods, unregulated urban growth, criminal activities) using remote sensing data, spatial analytics methods, and AI-inspired modelling techniques
- To train the next generation of researchers in the field of geospatial science and location intelligence applied to disaster related problems
- To provide new knowledge to the science of geospatial intelligence and disaster management by generating high quality scientific and policy publications
- To develop innovative solutions to technology related to disaster management
- To develop Spatial Decision Support System / tools based on scientific discovery and market demand to assist disaster management governance authorities.
- Data collection, modelling and management
- Remote Sensing Image Analytics
- Sustainability and Resilience
- 3D visualisation
- Digital Twin design and development capabilities
- Object-recognition in hierarchy
- Fusion and blending of data sets in generating optimal data sets
- The approaches we develop provide the detailed data, methods and tools required for engineering and environmental solutions in urban, natural and wilderness areas. These include the design of urban resilient infrastructure and situational awareness at the time of disaster
- Overall, a more spatially enabled government and society that helps to address critical issues such as disaster management, urban sprawl, and criminal activities