The University of Melbourne has one primary campus north of the Melbourne CBD and many other associated campuses including Southbank and rural locations.
About our campuses
- Maps and locations of the Parkville campus and associated campuses like Southbank or Dookie. To find the address of a particular faculty, visit that faculty's web site.
- Transport and parking: how to get to the university's Parkville campus.
- Environmental sustainability: learn how the University of Melbourne is achieving a sustainable campus, and how you can get involved. We encourage the whole University community to think, talk and act on environmental sustainability issues.
- Health and Safety: the University recognises its obligation to take all reasonable precautions to provide and maintain so far as is practicable, an environment that is safe and without risks to health for employees, students and visitors.
- Services and facilities available to you on campus, from conference rooms to sport centres, conference management to equipment hire.
- Student accommodation: links to residential colleges and our Housing Service.
- Faculties and departments Click here for a comprehensive listing of all faculties and departments.
- Commercial Engagement Services: support the commercialisation agenda of the University of Melbourne by making the educational services and consultancy capacity of the University more accessible to the corporate and government sectors through the provision of a mechanism for the development and delivery of demand driven commercial customised corporate award and non award programs and a mechanism to provide consultancy development and management services to the staff of the University in order to ensure accessibility to external clients.
Some University services and campus facilities are available to the public as well as to the University community.
Campus maintenance and feedback
Help us keep your campus running smoothly. Whether it's maintenance, cleaning, or broken IT equipment, University of Melbourne staff, students and visitors can use the Snap Send Solve app to report issues, request support and provide feedback. The Snap Send Solve app allows you to take a photo of a problem area on any University of Melbourne campus with your mobile phone and send it directly to our campus support teams to resolve. Download the app from the Apple app store or Google Play.
Services available to the public
- Conference management service
- Venue hire
- Campus filming guidelines
- External examination arrangements
- Artist's referral
Facilities for hire
|Commonwealth Bank||Biosciences 3 ground floor Parkville (building 143)||9130 2541|
Cafés, takeaway food, coffee kiosks
Graduation & Regalia Services
|Student Union||Union House ground floor, Parkville (building 130)||8344 4822|
Parcel lockers and PO Boxes
|Australia Post||Building 161, Monash Road, Parkville (building 161)|
|Student Union||Union House ground floor, Parkville (building 130)||8344 6964|
Visitor Centre, Memorabilia, clothing, souvenirs, campus maps and tour departure
|Visitor Centre and Shop||Near Gate 10 on Grattan Street, Parkville (building 188)||9035 7919|
Several residential halls and colleges are located at or very near the Parkville campus, just a few minutes by tram from the City of Melbourne.
- Colleges and halls of residence: information for students and parents
- Student Housing service: renting a house or flat, budgeting and other useful advice
The Parkville campus has a wide range of shops and other services for the University community: see the Services and Facilities section above for details.