Communicate your research in new ways. Experiment, push what your data can do, and make your research impactful by harnessing digital technologies.
All our training sessions are listed on the Researcher Development Events Portal. If you have bespoke data or digital-related training needs for your staff or graduate research students, please reach out to us to discuss options at email@example.com
Web scraping: getting data from websites when there’s no better option
Thursday, 21 September, 2-5pm
In this workshop, we will take you through how to plan a web scraping strategy based on the structure of a website and adapt pre-written code to meet your web scraping research needs.
Past workshops have included Introduction to APIs, small sessions on specific APIs (e.g., Spotify AI), Omeka bulk upload, Constellate, Data Visualisation, TLCMap, and Python for Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.
What you can expect
- Improve technical expertise in data analytics, coding, data visualisation and more!
- Hone critical thinking skills to generate impactful research outcomes
- A team that recognises your unique research goals and ideas
- Support to identify and overcome challenges or obstacles
- Supportive tutors with experience in HASS fields - we speak your language
- A supportive community of digital HASS researchers to tap into for support, advice and experience sharing
- Access to knowledge, resources, and digital best practice.
Meet the team
Dr Jair Garcia, Research Data Specialist (HASS teaching), Melbourne Data Analytics Platform
Alex Shermon, Digital Skills Trainer, Melbourne Data Analytics Platform
Professor David Goodman, Director of the Digital Studio at the Faculty of Arts, and a professor of history at the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies
Dr Mar Quiroga, Senior Research Data Specialist and HASS Taskforce Lead, Melbourne Data Analytics Platform
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
We operate from Melbourne Connect with training delivered at the Digital Studio and other faculty-specific locations.