The Trust contact is the Specialist Trust Officer, Ms Simm Chin and she can be contacted on (03) 9035 3707.
There is also a Senior Lawyer - Trusts, Ms Louise Tolson and she can be contacted on (03) 8344 8688.
Trust staff are responsible for:
- providing legal advice to the University and its staff in relation to trusts;
- providing advice to Advancement staff at the University and supporting interactions with prospective donors in relation to gifts and bequests to the University, in particular gifts and bequests that establish trusts;
- preparing new University trust records and re-drafting or amending current University trust records with respect to trusts, for certification by the Special Counsel;
- preparing cy près applications to vary trust terms, where it is impossible or impracticable to perform the trust in the manner originally specified by the donor;
- overseeing the trust compliance reporting process, and reporting outcomes and significant issues to the Vice-Chancellor;
- reviewing trusts administration and management processes; and
- consulting with faculty and department groups and individuals, and providing general trusts-related advice as appropriate.