Trusts at the University

Legal advice Disclaimer

The information on this website, and in any documents attached to this website, do not constitute legal advice.

Before making any gift to the University, a donor should seek independent advice, including legal advice and taxation advice.

If a donor requires legal or taxation advice, organisations such as the Law Institute of Victoria, CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants may be able to refer the donor to an appropriate practitioner to obtain that advice.

The University cannot provide legal advice to members of the public. The University's Specialist Trusts Lawyer can, however, discuss, in general terms, with a donor or the donor's solicitor, issues associated with a proposed gift to the University, including the establishment of a trust of which the University is the trustee. In particular, the Senior Lawyer - Trusts can assist donors and their solicitors regarding the suggested wording to describe gifts (including bequests) to the University.



top of page