Radiology for Physiotherapists builds on knowledge in radiology, particularly as it applies to the neuro-musculo-skeletal system.
A key focus of the course is image interpretation using a variety of imaging modalities including x-ray, CT scans, MRI and Ultrasound to explore normal anatomy and pathological findings. Furthermore, students are given the opportunity to develop an appreciation of when to use imaging, which imaging modality to use and when onward referral to another clinician may be more appropriate.
Please note: This course will be running online in 2021 due to COVID-19.
Radiology for Physiotherapists is an award subject of the University of Melbourne that has been made available on a single subject basis. This subject is for employees of Queensland Health and related agencies.
How to Apply
To submit an application, please refer to the following instructions:
- Click Apply Now to access the application portal: Apply Now
- Login or apply as a new student.
- If you are a previous applicant or previous University of Melbourne student, please apply with your existing student credentials. You may need to reset your applicant password here: Reset Applicant Password
- Search and apply for course code: NA-CAPMCP
- Select the following option to add to your application:
- Location: Online
- Year: 2021
- Study period: Summer Intake
- Study load: Part-time
- Attendance mode: Online
- Attach the required documents (see supporting documentation below)
- Check all details, agree to the terms and conditions and submit your application.
In order to be considered for entry into this course, applicants must have completed either:
- Undergraduate qualification in Physiotherapy, and
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
In your application you will be required to upload the following documents:
- Transcripts for all university courses attempted and completed. Copies of official academic transcripts must be provided, as unofficial statements of results will not be accepted
- Health practitioner registration certificate from AHPRA
- Resume outlining your work experience.
Assessment will comprise two written assignments, one case presentation during the course week and a one-hour online written exam following delivery. The venue for the online exam will be determined closer to the time and may require some local travel, to be funded by the participant.
Please note that participants need to ensure their availability for the 1 hour multi-station written radiology exam on the scheduled date. The exam is completed in Brisbane for South east Queensland participants. Non South East Queensland participants complete the exam at the same time/date under local supervision arrangements, which are coordinated by the University.
- Case presentation (5 min) during the course week (5%)
- 1 hour multi-station written radiology exam (50%) 12th March 2021
- Written assignment 1 1500 words (20%) Monday 19th April 2021
- Written assignment 2 2000 words (25%) 24th May 2021.
Who should apply
Physiotherapists with experience in the area of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy.
Academic and Teaching Team
Dr Guy Zito
- Dr. Patricia Robertson
- Dr. Frank Malara
- Dr. Andrew Rotstein.
Applications are completed using an online form and require applicants to attach supporting documents provided in the application checklist. Please allow 4 weeks for applications to be reviewed. During busy periods, this can sometimes take a little longer.
- If the maximum capacity is reached, the registration will be closed prior to the deadline. Early registration is highly recommended
- If the program is oversubscribed, preference in enrolment will be given to Queensland Health staff.
This course is presented in partnership with the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.