This three-day intensive program provides participants with the practical skills, knowledge and tools to promote excellence in their clinical setting.
Are you a doctor, nurse, dentist or allied health professional looking to take the next step? This course is specifically designed for healthcare professionals to learn and develop practical leadership skills to deliver better outcomes for their organisation, colleagues and patients.
- Practical leadership skills specifically for healthcare professionals
- Knowledge and tools to promote excellence within your clinical setting
- Deliver better outcomes for your organisation, colleagues and patients
- Option to progress to the Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership at the completion of the intensive.
What you will learn
- Learn how to manage issues and challenges to achieve the best outcome for your organisation
- Understand how to influence healthcare systems in order to fund initiatives
- Discover how to manage, develop and coach others in a clinical context
- Learn how to collaborate effectively and lead cross-functional teams
How to apply
- Check you meet the entry requirements.
- Create your application in the application portal
- On the Select screen search and apply for the course code: NA-AUDITMC (CAP Non Assessed)
- Study Period: Mid Year Intake
- Liability: CAP Non-assessed
- Load Category: Part Time
- Attendance Mode: On Campus
- Study Mode: Standard
- On the Apply screen, enter all details about the subject you are applying for (including the subject name and code):
- Subject Code: PADM90013
- Subject Name: Leadership in Clinical Settings
- Mode of attendance: On campus
- Does this subject have prerequisites listed in the Handbook: Yes
- Attach your resumé to satisfy entry requirements.
- Check all details, agree to the terms and conditions and submit your application.
What our participants say
I have not done a course before that impacted on my clinical work so directly and profoundly. Even my junior doctors have noted the difference in me. Presenters were of a superior caliber and share their stories and knowledge so generously.Catherine, Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership graduate
The course is action-orientated and practical, I found myself using my new knowledge even before the program finished. The faculty and guest speakers had an appreciation for the experience of the students and ensured that the content was enriching and to the point.Rahul, Specialist Certificate in Clinical Leadership graduate
Academic and teaching team
Professor Jill Klein
Jill Klein’s teaching specialties are medical decision making, leadership, emotional intelligence, and resilience. Her research interests are decision-making, medical education, corporate social responsibility and ethical consumption. She has had articles published in Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, Management Science, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Marketing, and the British Medical Journal.
“I love working with clinicians. They do such important, life changing work. This program allows healthcare leaders to see a process for leading change that they hadn’t known before. It helps them tackle big challenges one step at a time. I also see participants develop a strong, supportive network of clinicians who face similar challenges.”
Jill Klein is a Professorial Fellow in Medical Education, Melbourne Medical School and Professor of Marketing, Melbourne Business School.
- Associate Professor David Smallwood, Director, Medical Education, Melbourne Health
- Professor Shitij Kapur, Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences, The University of Melbourne
- Associate Professor Kannan Sethuraman, Associate Professor of Operations Management, Melbourne Business School
- Associate Professor Jennifer Overbeck, Associate Professor of Management, Melbourne Business School
This course is presented in partnership with the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences.