Engage your storytelling and visualisation skills to create compelling content.
Digital content producing is increasingly important in the contemporary workplace – whether it's curating presentations, updating social media, creating video-pitches or producing training videos. Accessing and engaging your visualisation skills reinforces your message for compelling and targeted presentations.
In this short, face-to-face or online course, you will learn how aspects such as audience, storytelling, design and audio can help create engaging content, and become equipped with a range of skills, techniques and knowledge helping you produce it with polish, confidence and flare.
Whether you’re new to digital content, or building upon existing skills, a stronger understanding of basic design principles, practice with technologies and tips and tricks from professional filmmakers will enhance your capacity for the digital age.
Who should apply
Creative Digital Communications is ideal for anyone wanting to learn how to create or produce compelling digital content using moving and still image, or to enhance their existing skills to have greater impact in their presentations for specialist audiences.
What you will learn
Taught by professional visual storytellers with experience across commercial and educational sectors, you will learn essential knowledge and skills to create compelling digital content. You will learn to design, select and curate still images; script, shoot and edit video using accessible tools and technologies; and incorporate various aspects of on-camera presentations through the creation of your own collateral for visual presentations.
Key content areas include:
- Audience – who you’re speaking to and how to connect with them
- Visual storytelling – use the most powerful medium of our time: still and moving pictures
- Visual design – develop a visual identity and apply it across mediums
- Interview technique – get the best out of your subject with thoughtful, targeted questions
- Audio – use your phone with microphone plug-in to record a great podcast or voiceover
- Video – use composition and lighting skills to enhance the video shoot with your phone
- Editing – how to edit video on your laptop using free (or inexpensive) software.
On completion of this course, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Persuasive visual narrative styles for digital formats
- Understanding of content selection and curatorship for greatest impact
- Use of engaging interview and communication skills, tools and techniques
- Use of design principles and process for moving and still image projects.
Creative Digital Communications is part of the Artful Communications suite of courses. You can take it on its own or complement it with any other course from this suite, in any order:
- Professional Boundaries (Melbourne MicroCert)
- Digital Storytelling (Melbourne MicroCert)
- Generating Creativity (Melbourne MicroCert)
- Dynamic Presentations
- Finding Your Persuasive Voice
- Collaborative Leadership
- Improvisation, Influence and Engagement
There are no eligibility requirements.
1 x 8 hour session (1 day); or
2 x 4 hour sessions (over 2 consecutive days)
Upcoming dates for this course are yet to be announced.
Want to know about future intakes?
Register your details and we will email you about future dates.