These Statutes and Regulations were revoked 21 July 2016.
See the new Statute and Regulations here
- Chapter 1 - General Provisions
- Chapter 2 - Council, Chancellor and Deputy Chancellors, Vice-Chancellor and Senior Executive Staff
- Chapter 3 - Alumni Council
- Chapter 4 - Academic Board
- Chapter 5 - Academic Structures
- Chapter 6 - No Legislation Remaining
- Chapter 7 - Academic Titles And Honorary Appointments
- Chapter 8 - Semi-Autonomous Bodies and University Services and Facilities
- Chapter 9 - Affiliated Colleges and Other Affiliated and Recognised Bodies
- Chapter 10 - Fees and Charges, Non-Trust Awards and Trusts Governance
- Chapter 11 - Admission, Enrolment, Assessment and Conferring of Awards
- Chapter 12 - No Legislation Remaining
- Chapter 13 - Student Discipline
- Chapter 14 - Intellectual Property
- Chapter 15 - Student Organisations
- Chapter 16 - No Legislation Remaining
- Chapter 17 - Management and Good Governance
A statute is the primary legislative instrument that can be made by the University under Victorian legislation. Statutes can be enacted, amended and repealed only by University Council, and any statutes enacted, amended or repealed must receive approval of the Victorian Minister for Training and Skills (The Hon Steve Herbert) before they can take effect.
Statutes are enacted when required by Victorian legislation (for the affiliation of colleges or other bodies, for example). Otherwise they typically establish significant University policies and provisions applying to a group of entities or people. Matters of detail subject to frequent change and matters related to the detailed implementation of policy are dealt with at a lower level of legislation such as in regulation.
The Regulations are linked to the Statutes they relate to. The Regulations attached to Statutes have been brought up to date to include amendments made by the University Council at its meeting held on 14 December 2009, as well as editorial amendments. These regulations can be opened through the links shown in the statutes contents list.