Getting Accessibility Advice
The following timeline indicates phases where accessibility should be considered.
Type of advice: Requirements
Type of advice: Design review
- Review wireframes: navigation consistency check (1 day)
- Review design concepts (Photoshop): contrast check (1 day)
- Why now? Because, it is much easier to change designs when they exist as Photoshop files. And if changes are required, the original designer can do them, without compromising the design.
- Sample report - desktop (staff access only)
- Sample report - mobile (staff access only)
Type of advice: Code review
- Accessibility audit (5 days)
- Why now? Because you want to make sure that everybody can access your service
- Sample report (staff access only)
Type of advice: User testing
- User testing - test plan (1 day)
- User testing - recruit participants x 10 (2 days)
- User testing - run interviews (5 days)
- User testing - compile results (5 days)
- Why now? Because if there are still problems, you want to hear about them before you receive a complaint
- Sample user testing video (staff access only)
Because of the previous planning, the site should be accessible to all.
For assistance or to report accessibility problems please contact:
Web Accessibility Lead
Phone: +61 3 9035 4867