University Privacy Network
The Privacy Network was set up in late 2010. It comprises staff from faculties and administrative departments with an interest in and responsibility for privacy matters in their area. At its first meeting in November 2010, it agreed the following terms of reference:
- to monitor privacy compliance issues across the University;
- to provide a vehicle and forum for the raising of specific and general privacy issues;
- to identify gaps in policy and procedures related to privacy compliance;
- to recommend the development of policy, procedures and guidelines to assist with privacy compliance;
- to provide feedback to the Privacy Officer on any new policy, procedures and guidelines; and
- to initiate research and investigation into particular privacy related issues identified by network members and others.
The network communicates mainly via email, and is provided with regular email up-dates on privacy matters. It has occasional face-to-face meetings particularly if there are significant developments such as the development of new policy.
Anyone can be a member of the network, or at least be added to the email distribution list. Just send an email to the email@example.com