Senior Management Portfolios
Student Diversity & Equity Advisory Group
View/Print PDF (10 KB)
Pro Vice-Chancellor Participation and Engagement (Chair)
President of Academic Board (or nominee)
Chairperson, Selection Procedure Committee
Executive Director, Admissions (or nominee)
General Manager, Enquiries & Admissions (Off. of Admissions)
General Manager Scholarships
Director, Wellbeing Services
Executive Director Knowledge Partnerships (or nominee)
Director Centre for the Study of Higher Education (or nominee)
General Manager, Disability and Equity Programs
General Manager, Centre for Indigenous Education (or nominee)
President of UMSU Ltd (or nominee)
President of Graduate Students Association (or nominee)
President of MUOSS ( or nominee)
Manager, People and Fairness
Director, Murrup Barak, University of Melbourne
Co-opted members as required and to ensure a balance of both gender and special needs.
Terms of Reference
To provide advice and recommendations on student diversity and equity to the Provost and DVC Global Engagement, including:
- Monitoring University performance on agreed measures of student equity and advising on priorities for improvement in relation to targets
- Facilitating an institutional approach to student equity and participation which encompasses strategies, policies, programs and funding, with specific reference to outreach, recruitment and admission across undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Collaborating with the Staff Equity Advisory Group and contributing advice to the development of the Social Inclusion Plan.
- Supporting an enriching cosmopolitan educational experience.
- Resolving impediments to the success of particular student groups through consideration of activities which include scholarships, financial aid, housing, childcare and support services.
- Complying with legislative and reporting requirements after obtaining advice from relevant University structures, including the University Legal Office.
- Developing partnerships with organisations and communities that widen participation in higher education and the University of Melbourne.