Senior Management Portfolios
Administrative and Business Advisory Group
View/Print PDF (10 KB)
The Senior Vice-Principal is accountable to the Vice-Chancellor for the development and implementation of effective and efficient administrative polices and practices and for providing strategic input and services which enable the University’s strategic plan. To assist the Senior Vice-Principal, the Administrative and Business Advisory Group (ABAG) has been established with terms of reference to:
- Monitor the annual administration business cycle
- Advise the Senior Vice-Principal, and where necessary the Senior Executive through the
Senior Vice-Principal, on effective policies and procedures for the University’s
administration and their implementation
- Facilitate effective co-ordination, communication and efficiency between local, common/chancellery services and operational service delivery within and across budget
divisions including cross-discipline integration of practice networks
- Review chancellery and common services and provide advice to Senior Executive on satisfaction with services, monitoring of performance against agreed service catalogues
and service standards, steps being taken for continuous improvement, and recommendations about changes to service delivery and budget consequences.
- Provide a mechanism for the effective co-ordination and implementation of business plans and cross-institutional initiatives
- Monitor the effectiveness of University initiatives implemented to reduce administrative costs and improve efficiency
- Identify common professional development needs for senior administrative managers to enhance support for the management of the University.
- Enhance cross-organisational communication and information dissemination to build awareness of policy objectives, processes and compliance requirements.
Relationship to University Committees and Portfolio Heads
Matters of policy, practice or planning from professional practice areas which have a Universitywide or resources impact for budget divisions will be referred to ABAG to inform the final advice to the Senior Vice-Principal, and the Senior Executive for those matters which are referred there by the Senior Vice-Principal.
On advice from the ABAG, the Senior Vice-Principal may refer issues to University committees which have significant policy, resource or academic implications, or other portfolio heads for issues relevant to their portfolio.
The Senior Vice-Principal may establish further advisory groups to provide information and
recommendations to ABAG.
Senior Vice-Principal, Chair
The senior administrative manager of each Budget Division (FGM or equivalent position/title)
Executive Director, Research
Executive Director (Student Services) and Academic Registrar
Executive Director, Human Resources
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Director IT and Chief Information Officer
Executive Director (Finance and Planning)
Director, Integrated Administration
Other Practice Leaders
Normally, alternates will not attend meetings unless specifically appointed in an acting role.
Meetings will usually be held monthly, timed to provide input to Senior Executive.