Museums and Collections Award 2013
University of Melbourne and University of Birmingham
The offer of the Award
All applicants will be notified of the panel's decision by late October 2013. The successful applicant will be contacted with the following information:
- The exact total of funding accompanying the award.
- How the award will be paid (normally directly into a personal bank account).
- Further project details will be determined once the successful applicant has been chosen.
- The expected time frame for the exchange to be completed.
If you accept the award you will be expected to:
- Confirm acceptance in writing within a week of being notified.
- Notify your supervisor and U21 destination contacts as soon as possible.
- Be responsible for your own itinerary. Book travel arrangements yourself, including possession of a valid passport and travel insurance.
- Act as an (informal) ambassador of the University of Melbourne during your visit. You may be called upon to undertake minor additional duties as a representative of your University and in the spirit of Universitas 21 cooperation.
Following your visit you will be expected to:
- Write a brief report outlining your stay (approximately 1500 words).
- Give a presentation to relevant stakeholders, collections staff, academics and students.
- Allow details of your visit to be published in relevant forums to promote the Museums and Collections Award to future students, the University and wider communities.