Since the deaf students are often on their own, the learning experience can often be isolating, confusing and difficult, and even everyday conversations with their peers can be difficult. UoM student
Types of hearing loss
- Mild. Speech can be difficult to understand.
- Moderate. Hearing aid might be required.
- Severe. Hearing aid useful in some cases.
- Profound. The absence of the ability to hear.
- Hearing aid
- Cochlear implant
Barriers to Access
- Audio is unusable without transcripts or captions.
- Volume can’t be controlled.
- Playback position can’t be controlled.
For assistance or to report accessibility problems please contact:
Web Accessibility Lead
Phone: +61 3 9035 4867