Techniques for improving web site accessibility.
Use of Color
- All users, and those with memory problems in particlar, have trouble remembering what text color signifies if it is not used consistently.
- Users with color blindness often have trouble distinguishing between red and green.
WCAG Success Criteria
WCAG Sufficient Techniques
- G182: Ensuring that additional visual cues are available when text color differences are used to convey information
- C15: Using CSS to change the presentation of a user interface component when it receives focus
- Without using the mouse or keyboard, can you tell what is ordinary text and what is a link?
For assistance please contact Andrew Normand, Web Accessibility Program Leader
Phone: +61 3 9035 4867