Techniques for improving web site accessibility.
Video and Audio
- Hearing impaired users have difficulty accessing audio only content.
- Vidion impaired users have difficulty accessing video only content.
WCAG Success Criteria
- 1.2.1 Audio-only and Video-only
- 1.2.2 Captions (Precorded)
- 1.2.3 Audio Descrioption or Media Alternative (Prerecorded)
- 1.2.4 Captions (Live)
- 1.2.5 Audio Description (Prerecorded)
Impact on Students
- Hearing impaired students have great difficulty accessing only content.
- Students express a clear preference for the provision of audio content in combination with screen capture.
For assistance please contact Andrew Normand, Web Accessibility Program Leader
Phone: +61 3 9035 4867