Statute 10.2 - Non-Trust Awards
View/Print PDF (21 KB)
Eligibility for prizes etc.
10.2.1 Subject to any other statute or regulation a prize, exhibition or scholarship may be awarded only to a person who has been placed in the class list for the subject and who-
- has not previously been awarded that prize, exhibition or scholarship;
- has not previously competed for that prize, exhibition or scholarship;
- is enrolled in a course for a degree or diploma; and
- if a course is divided into Years, has-
- completed or received credit for the previous Year;
- has fulfilled in one year all the requirements for the relevant Year;
- has completed in the year of competition all the subjects of the Year; and
- has not been awarded in any subject of the Year a supplementary assessment otherwise than under any statute, regulation or policy of the University dealing with applications for special consideration.
Other conditions for award of prizes etc.
- If no student or applicant is considered worthy of the award of a particular prize, exhibition, scholarship or bursary, the award is not to be made.
- If a subject is common to two or more courses, only one prize, exhibition or scholarship (as the case may be) is to be awarded for that subject, unless otherwise provided in any statute or regulation.
- Unless otherwise provided in any statute or regulation, if one prize, exhibition or scholarship is to be awarded for any course or subject, the prize, exhibition or scholarship is to be awarded to one student.
Deposit of thesis or work in the Library
10.2.3 If a prize, exhibition or scholarship is awarded in respect of a thesis or other work of a similar kind, the academic registrar must deposit a copy of the thesis or work in the Library.