Statute 9.2 - Ormond College
View/Print PDF (9 KB)
- Under section 18 of the Act the Council has full power with the consent of the appropriate governing body to make and alter statutes for the affiliation to or connection with the University of any college or educational establishment provided always that such a statute does not affect the religious observances or regulations enforced in such colleges or educational establishments.
- On 7 March 1881 the Council by statute provided that Ormond College should be a college of and within the University.
- The governing body of Ormond College has consented to alteration of the statute referred to in recital 2 (as amended from time to time) and to its re-making as follows:
Affiliation of Ormond College
9.2.1 Ormond College is hereby affiliated to the University provided that-
- it continues to be used as a college connected with the University; and
- no person is permitted to enter into residence as an enrolled student of the College unless he or she-
- is admitted as a student in a course at the University; or
- is engaged in research at the University or at the College; or
- is pursuing at the College a course of study in Divinity.