The Council is the governing body of the University and has the entire direction and superintendence of the University.
The primary responsibilities of the Council include—
- appointing and monitoring the performance of the Vice-Chancellor and Principal as chief executive officer of the University;
- approving the mission and strategic direction of the University and its annual budget and business plan;
- overseeing and reviewing the management of the University and its performance;
- establishing policy and procedural principles for the operation of the University consistent with legal requirements and community expectations;
- approving and monitoring systems of control and accountability of the University,including those required to maintain a general overview of any entity controlled by the University in accordance with section 50AA of the Corporations Act;
- overseeing and monitoring the assessment and management of risk across the University, including commercial undertakings;
- overseeing and monitoring the academic activities of the University;
- approving any significant commercial activities of the University.
Tel: 8344 7117
Forthcoming Meeting Date
- Next Meeting of Council will be held on 3rd June at 4.00pm.
Minutes of Last Meeting
- Minutes of 9 February meeting are online now.